Tuesday, December 4, 2007

back in the saddle again, thank gOd!

Rita and I went for a long run yesterday. The vet maybe would not have recommended it - but they are the same humans who took the stitches out too early and left a gaping,open-hole of a wound on this dog. So, I was going to trust my hunches that it would do wonders of mercy for dog and dog's-person, me.

When we started out and Rita was whipping around in circles, biting at the crispy, cool air, announcing to everyone that she was outside and she was running, for the love of God!!!!!!! I really wondered why I strap myself to this untempered beast and started running - or get pulled along after it, to be honest.

But, then Rita got in her own little trance, her ears slipped back, she held her head up, and she just got 'er done. THEN it is just so stinkin' fun to run with this animal that is THRILLED to be so vibrantly in motion. She LOVES it and if her body could sing for joy, it would be some high energy dance number. I get inspired in the thrill of breathing - really, really breathing - it works. And I love it too. I love it. I love to run with her because it is somehow just like and exactly opposite yawning - you see someone else yawn and suddenly out of no where you are pooped and yawning.

But, with this crazy little dog, she runs and it makes you want to be THAT excited about running too --- when you were just eating chips & salsa moments ago, thinking that was pretty spectacular.

No comments: